Sunday, August 28, 2011

Dinosaur Train

One of our favorite shows these days is Dinosaur Train on PBS.  I really love how much my girl learns from this show and how she can spout off names of dinosaurs like it is nothing.  So we thought it would be a fun day while on our vacation to head to the Natural History Museum in Albuquerque. When I was younger I used to visit this same museum when I visited my family so it was fun to see how it has changed over the years. One of the best parts is that we counted it as part of school.  It was so much fun.  It was fun to show her how big these creatures were and have this cartoon that she loves come to life.   It was also fun to see her ask the volunteers that were there if they were a paleontologist.  At her age, I don’t know if I knew much about dinosaurs but I can tell you I did not know the word paleontologist. 

Here are some pictures from our fun day with the dinosaurs. 
IMG_0562
Mickey liked this dinosaur… who they named Spike.
IMG_0559
She was a little bit afraid of this guy… but who can blame her?  He is kind of big.
IMG_0642
Momma’s turn with Spike.
IMG_0634
Thankful that Daddy was along for this trip.  Momma would not be so brave as to hold a snake for her daughter. 
IMG_0632
This nice volunteer was available to answer all of my girl’s questions!
IMG_0583
She loved seeing these big dinosaurs.
IMG_0591
IMG_0597
IMG_0610
IMG_0603
She liked seeing the big brother and baby sisters.  I don’t know how she decided who was who, but she did. 
IMG_0605
Ammonite.  I actually knew what this was.  Yay, for Dinosaur Train. 
IMG_0617
I think that this was a saber tooth tiger.
This was a good day!  I liked the memories that we made.  Learning is so much fun. 

2 comments:

  1. Love learning about dinosaurs!

    I'm just glad we don't have one as a pet!

    Blessings,
    lana @ ilovemy5kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Although my girl wanted a elephant for a pet at one point. I had to convince her that one could not live in our house. :)

    ReplyDelete