Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Telling Time

When I was a little girl, my mom had a rule that we could not have a digital watch.  We were always given analog watches.  She wanted to make sure that we knew how to tell time, in her words “the right way”.  So now I am the mom and I realize I have adopted my mom’s way of thinking. 
image
I came across this really neat watch for children learning how to tell time.  And after reading more about it, they made the case for having an analog watch because it helped children grasp time so much easier.  The watch is called Flik Flak watches.  One hand on the watch is the big brother named Flik and the short hand on the watch is the little sister who is Flak.  Flik is older and taller and can walk faster than his little sister.  You always read the sister’s time first because “ladies are always first”.  I love that on the outside of the regular numbers there is also the minutes written 5, 10, 15 etc.  On the flik flak website they also have a section where you can learn how to read time. http://www.flikflak.com/en/learn/learn-how-to-read-time.html   I love it and of course I bought one for Mickey.  I got hers at timberdoodle.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment