Thursday, September 1, 2011

Colored Noodles

image
I get the Family Fun magazine and found an activity that I thought I could use being a homeschooling momma.  It was Pretty Pasta.  Here is the recipe.  I thought it would be fun to decorate all those words we are working so hard to learn.  And anything else she chooses to decorate with them. 
Materials Needed
  • Dried Pasta
  • 2 teaspoons of Vinegar
  • 10-12 drops of food coloring
  • Ziploc plastic baggy
  • paper towels and cookie sheet
Instructions
  • For each color you make add 10-12 drops of food coloring to the baggy and 2 teaspoons of vinegar.  I could not find regular old fashion food coloring.  But the different colors of gel food coloring worked just fine. 
  • Add half cup of dried pasta to baggy.  I used elbow macaroni and one other that I can’t remember what it is called.  But long tube noodles.  Close the Ziploc and shake and have a dance party in your kitchen.  My girl loved this part.  She did not like the smell of vinegar but she loved the shaking.  Rest and shake off and on for about 5 minutes. 
  • Spoon or pour the pasta onto the paper towels that are lined on a cookie sheet.  Spread them out so they are one layer.  Let them dry.  You can turn them over once (but I forgot and they turned out just fine). 
I am looking forward to seeing all the fun we will have with all our colors.  We did red, green, blue, purple, orange and pink.  We did not do yellow as the pasta was already yellow.  My girl is very excited to use the noodles.  I see us doing a project tomorrow with them.  I guess I will need to go and make one up.  I will let you know how it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment