Saturday, October 1, 2011

How Do You Get Everything Done?

I think that every mom and especially every homeschooling mom wants to know how you can possibly get everything done that needs to get done, done.  I am here to answer that question.  YOU DON’T!  Unless you have a genie in a bottle or maybe a live in maid, I don’t know how to get everything done.  I don’t have a genie or a live in maid.  There are some days that I can do the things that are on my list and I am excited.  There are other days when I look at my list and realize that I didn’t even come close that day.  I have to realign my priorities and make sure that the important things get done and the other things can wait.  I don’t know if I ever have everything done. I can tell you that when my hubby is home more things get done than when he is on the road. 
I guess what I am trying to say that if you are beating yourself up for not getting everything on your list done, don’t.  If you need to enlist help, and you if you are human you need help.  That help may come from your spouse or your children if they are old enough.  You need to take a look at your priorities and see what is really important and what can wait a day or two. 
Also you need time to recharge and take time for yourself, even if your house is a mess.  You have a lot of responsibilities but they will slowly feel like a unmanageable mountain if you don’t take regular time to recharge those batteries.  It is amazing how much more I get accomplished when I take time to get out without my kiddos and just recharge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment