Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pet Ants

We made an ant farm for our homeschool unit on Insects. I have to tell you it was a test of a mother’s love to deal with those ants.  They really creep me out.  All day I kept feeling the ants all over my body.  Sometimes as a mom you do things that normally you wouldn’t do because you know how excited your child is going to be.  My girl is loving her ant farm even though I think mom messed up a step or two. The ants are not on the sand part like should be and I am not sure if they will get there or not. 
IMG_4556

Looking at the ants. We put them in the fridge for about 5 min to make sure that they would not climb out and bite us. Mickey is not sure at this point whether she likes the ants or not.
IMG_4548
After putting sand in we had to make a hole with the stick. Of course Mickey had to have Sparky help her out. :)
IMG_4552
IMG_4564
My proud girl. And the verdict is that she likes the ants. She has named them and is convinced that she can tell one ant from the other. Who am I, to say that she can't tell the difference. Right now, the ants are on the wrong side and I am not sure if there is a way to salvage the project without starting over from scratch, but right now my girl loves her pet ants. I didn't know they are pet ants but that is what Mickey is telling me they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment