Monday, November 7, 2011

Daddy and homeschool

As a stay at home mom I am the primary teacher.  There are some days that I have an appointment that takes me away from home from what would otherwise be a homeschool day.  I leave the house and leave my hubby to hold down the home front. 
What I love is that even though I don’t leave him a list of what he should cover he gets in his kind of homeschool and both father and child thrive.  Today, the two decided to conquer a couple of books that were not on the to do list.  It was fun coming home and to hear that my girl sounded out words that she has not learned yet and her daddy helped her to do it. 
I learn that daddy taught her science terms and principals like photosynthesis.  I am not sure what they were talking about that lead to this discussion.  But I am glad that they do.  This is not the type of discussion that I would probably have during the day. 

I am thankful for a husband that encourages me and helps me to do the best as the primary teacher.  I am also thankful for a husband that has no problem jumping in with two feet and seeing where the day takes him.  I would say I am pretty blessed to have him in my life as my partner and father of my children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment