Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have had these cookies on my brain for awhile now. So today I decided to make them.  Probably not the best decision as I was home by myself with 2 active children.   My girl loves to help cook in the kitchen.  My son wants to be included.  So by myself with two children who may or may not be good helpers made this momma a little crazy.  But the cookies were soooooo good.  At least I have a good cookie when going nuts. 
Here is the recipe that I got from the Food Network. 

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients

Directions

Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray cookie sheets with nonstick spray or line them with parchment paper.
Using a mixer, beat the butter until smooth. Beat in the white and brown sugars, a little at a time, until the mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time, then mix in the vanilla and pumpkin puree. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Slowly beat the flour mixture into the batter in thirds. Stir in the chips. Scoop the cookie dough by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared cookie sheets and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the cookies are browned around the edges. Remove the cookie sheets from the oven and let them rest for 2 minutes. Take the cookies off with a spatula and cool them on wire racks.
I had to bake them the full 20 minutes as to get them more firm.  Yummy!  I know what I am having once these kiddos go to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment