Thursday, January 5, 2012

School in Session

After a busy Christmas break we are back in session.  We took 2 weeks off at Christmas time.  We traveled to see family and celebrated my little girl’s 6th birthday.  Wow!  I can’t believe how fast time passes and I have a 6 year old.  She is very happy to be 6.  Her goal was to be reading by the time she was 6 and she is a reader.  I don’t think that she realizes how much of a reader she is.  I have thoroughly enjoyed teaching her to read and learning some phonics tools along the way. 
My goals for this semester is to finish our curriculum.  I love the McRuffy curriculum.  It takes it slowly and has plenty of hands on experience to make my girl happy.  I also plan to look ahead to 1st grade and see what our goal is for next year.  I also am also making it a goal to blog regularly about our experience. 
I am also going to be better about adding science and art to our school week.  This means that I need to do more regular planning.  To help with that area I bought an editable pdf homeschool planner from Homeschool Creations.  I am loving it so far.  My question to myself is why I haven’t done this sooner.  My planner has been a journal notebook.  It worked but I was finding I needed something more.  I think that this is going to help me have more of a efficient planning sessions.  Smile
Weekly Homeschool
Planner

No comments:

Post a Comment