Monday, April 16, 2012

Convention Week

I am excited that at the end of this week I am headed to my state’s homeschool convention.  I will listen and hopefully be encouraged by people who have been homeschooling much longer than I have.  If you have the opportunity to attend a homeschool convention near you, I would highly recommend it.  Going to the convention helps me feel like I am a part of something so much bigger than my kitchen table.  I was so encouraged last year that I felt that I could really do this homeschooling thing.  We are nearing the end of my daughter’s kindergarten school year and I am wondering what is up the road. 
I am also really excited to look at the vendor’s tables.  I don’t feel like I made the best buy last year for our family.  So this year I am taking my hubby to see the vendor’s exhibits.  I also know that I have much of my core taken care of.  I do have hole’s that I am looking for ways to fill in.  But I have no specific ideas on what those will be.  I am looking for ideas. 
My daughter will be attending the children’s convention and I think will love it.  She loves going and being around other children.  So this was a no brainer.  My son and Daddy will hang out at grandma’s house.  I will share what I have learned and hopefully encourage you also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment