Friday, April 27, 2012

The Home Stretch

I looked at the calendar today and realized that we are on the home stretch.  I laugh and wonder how that can be that this year went as fast as it did. I remember going to the home school conference last year and being completely overwhelmed and just not knowing what it was I was “supposed” to do.  I remember that there was a time that I was only going to do kindergarten and then promptly put her in 1st grade.  I look now as I am looking ahead to 1st grade and thankful that I am able to homeschool my daughter. 

As I was sitting in this conference with other homeschool moms I was reminded that I was so against the idea of homeschool.  I really did not have a real reason why was against the whole idea other than it was not what I was normal to me.  I also remember the time when I did not think that I was capable enough to actually homeschool.  I was so afraid that I was going to mess everything up and my child would be behind where she needed to be.  I can tell you that did not happen.  I was thankful for those homeschooling pioneers who paved the way so that I could homeschool my children. 

I am thankful that the Lord changed my heart and lead Jeff and I to homeschool our children.  This journey really has been the best for our family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment