Friday, June 29, 2012

Gearing Up for the New Year – Bible

 

I have bought most of the curriculum for the coming year.  I am in the process of gearing up for the coming year.  We have been very busy here with fun summer activities.  In the back of my mind I am already planning out what needs to be done and prepared before we start.  I don’t have an official start date.  I am thinking we will pick up sometime in July.  SLOWLY.  I am really just waiting to see how we are all doing once all our activities wind down. 

withb

One of the resources we are using is What’s in the Bible.   It is a series that starts with Genesis and will take you all through the Bible.  They just released the dvd with Psalms and Proverbs in it.  I really like this series.  It gives a good foundation and it is fun and silly and my kids love it.  We have only watched the first 2.  On the What’s in the Bible website there are coloring pages that go along with the dvds.  It also have some helpful resources for the parents.  If you would like a 20% coupon click on this link http://whatsinthebible.extole.com/a/clk/3Sfz23 and you will take you to a 20% coupon.  Phil Vasser is the one behind the scenes of this video series.   He is also the same guy behind the scenes of Veggie Tales. We are going to watch the first 2 videos again and dig deeper this coming year. 

 

Sparks Curriculum Sample

Awana is something else that we are going to continue doing.  This year will be Mickey’s second year in Sparks.  She loved it last year.  I think that this year she will be a Wing Runner.  One thing that we did last year that helped her with her verses is download the music to the verses for this year’s book.  It is amazing how this really helps her remember her verses. I get to learn them too.  Smile 

WingRunner Handbook Music CD

So this is what we are planning on using for Bible this year.  I am sure that along the way there will be modifications and changes.  But at the starting line up this is where we sit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment