Sunday, July 15, 2012

School Starting Slowly

We are starting out slowly starting tomorrow.  We have had a very busy summer.  Last week we had a break without needing to be anywhere.  So this week I am going to start school.  We are doing a Summer Olympic Unit that goes for four weeks.  This one is a different one than I shared earlier with you.  This one is by Amanda Bennet.  This is our first unit study/lapbook experience.  So I will be sure to share with you how it goes. 

Olympics 2012

We are also going to be getting back into our phonics and reading.  I am excited to get back into it and see where Mickey goes this year.  We started the first grade at the end of her kindergarten year.  So we are going to pick up where we left off.  I like the McRuffy curriculum.  It is easy to teach and to understand.  Mickey likes the silly books that accompany the lessons.  I have been happy with it and will continue to use them as long as they work for her. 

 

We might start on Math also since it came in on Friday and Mickey was very excited and asked if we could start working on it soon.  But we will see how the other 2 subjects go before I add anything else in. 

I have also started a facebook page for my blog.  I would love it if you would like it and get update info on what we are doing and hopefully hear how you are doing in your school year.  https://www.facebook.com/HomeschoolingAChangeOfHeart

No comments:

Post a Comment