Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Chemistry

When I decided to homeschool my daughter, I can tell you that Chemistry was not one of the things that I thought I would be teaching my daughter in first grade.  Did I tell you that I was not that into science when I was in school??  So when I saw the Chemistry book for elementary students, I thought they were out of their mind.  But I decided to trust those that went before me and try it out.  We are using Real Kids 4 Science, Chemistry

Last week we decided to venture into Chemistry and study atoms.  I even understood it.  This week we went further and studied molecules.  Today was the hands on experiment with molecules.  We used toothpicks and marshmallows. Nate even enjoyed the experiment, or maybe he just enjoyed the marshmallows.  I loved that as we were doing the experiment, Mickey kept saying how much she was enjoying science.  I knew she would but it is nice to have confirmation.  She even said it was a very tasty experiment. 

_MG_8656

Busy building her molecules

_MG_8659

Here is her “Heart Molecule”

_MG_8661

Those are some tasty molecules

_MG_8666

Nate finished his marshmallows so he decided to sneak some of sisters.  I don’t think that is going to work.  But look how serious this kid is.

No comments:

Post a Comment