Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Science

We have been using Real Science 4 Kids Science book.  I love it but more importantly, Mickey loves it just as much.  These books lay a good foundation and is told in a way that a child (and a mother) actually understand what is being taught. 

There is also a book that has experiments that will go along with a chapter concept.  The stuff that is needed for the experiments are common household items that won’t break the budget.  I love that. 

We were going to go down the path of Apologia this year but I found that the text and reading was beyond what I think that a first grader could be able to grasp so we went this route.  I am so glad that we did.  We are coming to the end of Chemistry and will be starting Biology.  I will check in and let you know how that goes.  After Biology and then there is Physics.  I am looking forward to that one . 

Science Experiments

Mickey is very serious when she is involved in science.

Science Experiments

No comments:

Post a Comment