Tuesday, October 2, 2012

She is a Reader!

Today Mickey made my day, my week, my year.  Reading is not high on my girl’s list of things that she will choose to do.  She enjoys being read to and hearing stories and acting those stories out. But reading a book herself has been something she has been resisting.  She has read some books that are early readers and she has enjoyed it.  But she has done it because I have told her to read them. 

This morning before we started school I told her and her brother to go play while I finished up breakfast.  She then surprised me and brought in a book “Little Red Hen” into the living room.  She has pretended to read before so I didn’t pay much attention at first.  Then I start watching her and listening and realize that she is reading the book.  There are some bigger words in there and she comes and sits down with me and she sounds out these big words and she is not getting discouraged.  She is reading! She is reading and having a good time doing it. 

This momma who started this journey afraid that I would not be able to teach my daughter to read has seen the fruits of my labor pay off. I am excited and very proud of my girl picking up her first book that she picked out and read it. 

IMG_8957

No comments:

Post a Comment