Monday, January 28, 2013

My Sick Boy

Nate is NEVER sick.  He is 2 1/2 years old and has been sick maybe 3 times.  Of those three time he has been on antibiotics once for a minor ear infection.  The next time was for a stomach flu and then this last week he was sick with a cold sort of thing. 

My Nate usually is like this….

IMG_0572

All Smiles

But last Thursday, we went on a homeschool field trip to the Fire Station and my boy was anything but smiles.  I found this a little odd and wondered if he was just tired and needed to rest.  But I thought that he would be very excited to see the fire truck and to hear the siren.  NOPE.  He was not excited at all.  He fell asleep and then woke up in time to see the fire truck.  He was able to go in but he was not at all interested.  The next day we woke up to fevers, sore throat and a trip to the doctor.  His ears and throat were okay and we headed into a long weekend of a grumpy Nate and long nights. 

IMG_0606

Grumpy Nate

We watched a lot of Lion King and had a lots of snuggles.  I am happy to report that my grumpy sick boy is now feeling better.  He is feeling well enough to play with his Big Sister and even fight with her.  Yes, things are getting back to normal around here. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment