Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory [ CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY BY Dahl, Roald ( Author ) Aug-16-2007We are in the process of reading “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” by Roald Dahl. We are thoroughly enjoying this book.  Again, this is a childhood favorite of mine.  I remember reading this book and getting lost in it.  I never knew there was a movie that went along with it until I reached college.  The movie is one of my favorites too.  The 1970’s version not the Johnny Depp version. 

I found a lap book that I bought from Confessions of a Homeschooler that goes along with the book.  There are some parts that I haven’t used just because it is not where Mickey is right now.  But there are other parts that we are enjoying and using. 

One of the projects to do in the lap book was to make some Chocolate bites.  Mickey loves to cook so getting into the kitchen was a blast for her.  It is fun watching her take on more and more responsibilities in the kitchen. 

 

_MG_0633

Mickey whisking the chocolate and sugar mixture.  I can’t believe she is so tall now! 

_MG_0638

 

IMG_0640

Mickey with the finished product.  These were so yummy.

They were also easy to do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment