I am excited to be reviewing and giving away this family devotional to one lucky winner. Learning to Speak Life is a devotional series written by Michael and Carlie Kercheval. Carlie is the founder of So You Call Yourself a Homeschooler. The family devotional is intended for the entire family specifically with children from ages 3-12. The first book in this series is “Fruit of the Spirit”, which you can find in Galatians 5:22-23 (NLT) love, joy,peace, patience, kindness, goodness faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. If you are looking for a family devotion for your family, I would highly recommend you to check this one out.
This is a very interactive book and tries to use different teaching methods to really hit home specific fruit of the section. This is a very interactive book. Each section is supposed to take a week but they encourage you to go at the pace of your family.
Every section is broken down to really learn about the fruit of the Spirit. Here are some of the ways that they help you out as a parent.
- Scripture – Each week there is a verse that they ask you speak out loud as a family and memorize it as a family if it is reasonable for them to do so.
- What Is…? – This is the explanation section that uses God’s word to explain and teach about the fruit of the Spirit so that everyone understands what they will be learning about.
- Confessions – Each section uses 5 confessions that you as a family speak out each day.
- Copywork – This is a section for your older children to copy scripture.
- Role Play – Each chapter gives a role play scenario to act out as a family.
- Silly Sayings – What better to remember something than to be silly about it.
- Short Story – This helps to show how the fruit look in our day to day life.
- Family Discussion Time – Here is a section that you use to discuss questions about the fruit of the spirit. There are questions that are layed out for you to use with your children.
- Family Project – In each chapter there are family projects to further reinforce the fruit of the Spirit.
- Prayer – There is a short prayer that is written out to again to help reinforce the different fruits.
- Digging Deeper – There are extra scriptures at the end to further the study.
This is a great study to begin or end your day with your children. I like that it focuses on really getting our children (and us the parents) to really understand the different fruits of the spirit. How do you show love?
You can buy your very own copy at Amazon here.So please enter to win a pdf copy of Learning to Speak below. So enter the giveaway by entering below. We would also really appreciate it if you would like Homeschooling – A Change of Heart facebook page and Learning to Speak Life facebook page. But the only mandatory is to leave a comment. If you just can’t wait head over to Amazon and get your own copy. I promise you will not be disappointed.