Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Preschool for Nate

We are doing things a little different.  Nate has only been talking for about 6 months. I am very impressed with how fast he has progressed once he has started speaking.  This is a kid who likes to do things on his own timetable.  I have tried the box curriculums with him but they are not working like the did when Mickey was his age.  He knows how to count to 10 and his favorite two numbers are 4 and 14. 

Teaching him the abc’s is proving to be a lesson in thinking outside of the box.  Normally you sing the abc song and kids enjoys singing.  My son, hates it when I sing to him.  I am getting a complex and wondering if my singing is that bad.  NOPE, he just doesn’t like the attention it brings.  So we are now going through the abc animals.  They are big pictures with an animal and the corresponding letter.  We go through these and he loves it.  We are also doing a chant repeat to learn the abc’s orally. 

We are playing with lots of play-doh and blocks and having a great time.  The new school room is working out great for our needs at this time. 

day 7

No comments:

Post a Comment